Monday 8 July 2013

Easy lemon and blueberry mug cake

After trying this lemon mug cake last week, I decided there must be a way to make a version with blueberry added in!

I used the same basic recipe to make mine but there were a few tweaks.

The ingredients I used were:

4tbsp of self-raising flour
3 tbsp fat free blueberry yougurt (I used one from ASDA)
2 and a half tbsp of caster sugar
1 tbsp of vegetable oil
1 tbsp lemon juice (I used the stuff you buy in the supermarket, rather than freshly squeezed)

  • Add all ingredients to a microwave-safe mug

  • Mix well making sure all the flour from the bottom of the mug gets combined
  • Microwave - times will vary depending on your microwave. I used trial and error to get the timing right anyway but mine took between 45 seconds and 1 min


The top of the cake doesn't look great, but once you tuck in..



A quick dessert, and as the yogurt is fat-free.. it can't be that bad for you.. can it?

No comments:

Post a Comment