Friday 7 June 2013

CAL as-we-go stripey blanket: week 1!

When I saw that Hannah from Not your average crochet was running a CAL I knew I wanted to join in. I had initial doubts though as the project was a blanket and I wasn't sure if I could take on another big project like that. I'm so glad I did though as I whizzed through the first 5 rows on Sunday!

First job was to start my foundation row:


Yes these are my baby feet that I showed you the other day! (Size 2.. sob!)

Next was the HDC (half double crochet - using US terminology) round.
This is one of my favourite stitches and I really should use it more!


Row 2 was the double crochet row!


Then this was topped off with 3 "granny stripes", or rows of clusters.




And that's the end of this weeks rows!

I have been good and sewn the ends in as was suggested, but that was after I took the pictures!

Here's Hannah's first 5 rows..

cal14

Click the picture to go back to Hannah's original post!

I can't wait to get started on week 2!

1 comment:

  1. Looking good! I can't wait to get started on the next five rows :)

    ReplyDelete