Sunday 10 March 2013

Finished project: Grumpasaurus!








This little monster was made as a birthday present for my Dad.
Part of the reason I wanted to make this was to test myself.
I don't knit very often, and when I do it's not often great!
This was done (mostly) on DPNs (double-pointed needles) which means that there are some imperfections.
I've only ever made one other toy with DPNs, and that was just to practise, so this is the first real project using them!

Mostly I think it was okay, but you can see where I managed to stretch the stitches too far in places!

The "comb" along Grumpy's back was actually quite fun (and simple) to make.
When I looked at it, and the instructions I thought.. "oh no!" but it was a lot nicer to make than I thought it would be!
I don't think I'll be in any rush to make any more knitted items, they're not my favourite, but at least I know that I could if I wanted to!
Now back to my crochet blankets!

The pattern for Grumpasaurus can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment