Tuesday 9 October 2012

Incomparable Buttons

I was given some lovely handmade buttons as part of a tutorial swap, and thought it was high time I actually did the tutorial.

So, how to make button earrings!

Here's what you need:

 Some bits closer up:
The gorgeous buttons I chose (from incomparable buttons):

Some epoxy resin glue:

I got a pack with both of these tubes (you need both) in a 99p shop.
The earring stems:
I bought mine from a shop on ebay...http://stores.ebay.co.uk/kittypink

Okay, so, once you've got everything together, you need to put a small amount of the glue on a piece of cardboard.


There should be equal amounts of resin and hardener.

Mix the resin and hardener together using a cotton bud (Q-tip).
Apply a thin layer of the glue mix to the back of the earpost using the cotton bud.
Then place the earpost on to the back of the button. Try to make it relatively central, unless you want your earring to hang below your earlobe a little.
Repeat from adding the glue to the post.
You should now have 2 earring post-ed buttons!
Leave them to dry overnight, sometimes longer, and then they should be ready to wear!
If you're not sure if the posts are fully adhered, pull them gently to see if they hold firm.
If they don't, leave them a little longer, if they do, you're good to go!

I've only made mine tonight, so I can't show them in yet, but I will post another picture when they are ready :)

I hope you all enjoyed my first tutorial, let me know if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment